Swim Lesson Sign Up
As part of your membership, kids 3 and up have access to free swim lessons. This 2018 year we will start on June 25th and then run 5 straight weeks from there. We will finish lessons week of July 23rd. We will be using Sign Up Genius again this season.
TADPOLES. For the beginner swimmer, at least 3 years of age, who cannot yet swim independently on their front or back. Children will work on rhythmic breathing, paddling and floating. Lessons will be held in the turtle pool. Up to 6 children with 2 instructors
SUNFISH. For children, at least 4 years of age, who can swim with at least two bubbles, are comfortable underwater, but who cannot yet swim one length of the pool non-stop without floatation. Children will work on endurance floating and be introduced to freestyle (front crawl) and backstroke. Lessons will be held in the shallow end of the L pool. Up to 8 children with 2 instructors.
DOLPHINS. For children who can swim one length of the pool in a horizontal position on their front, back and side without flotation or support. Children must also be comfortable with rhythmic breathing. The children continue to practice and build upon basic skills, now performing more skills without the aid of a flotation device. They are introduced to lead-up strokes to freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke. Lessons will be held in the deep end of the L pool. Up to 8 children with 2 instructors.
SHARKS. Children need to be able to swim one length of the pool each freestyle (with side breathing) and backstroke. Children will be introduced to breaststroke. Children will continue to refine basic strokes. Lessons will be held in the deep end of the L-pool. Up to 10 children with 1 or 2 instructors.
The schedule for the 2018 Season will be determined at a later date. Last year Swim lessons were offered at 10:00 – 10:25 am, 10:30 – 10:55 am, 11:00 – 11:25 am, 5:00 – 5:25 pm and 5:30 – 5:55 pm Monday through Friday. They typically don’t deviate from this schedule.
Prior to coming to the sign-up event, please be aware of the following:
- Parents may only register their OWN kids
- Class sizes are limited and swimmers will be accepted on a first come – first served basis. If classes are full, waiting lists will be started.
- There will be no “pre-registration” or telephone registration for the first two weeks of lessons.
- If a swimmer misses more than 2 consecutive lessons, without notifying with swim lesson director, his/her spot FOR THE FOLLOWING SESSION will be given to the next swimmer on the waiting list.
- Private and semi-private lessons with an experienced guard are always available for a fee. Check the office for individual availability.